Fresh and free

I have to share the most wonderful new kit. Except for BOM I have never purchased a whole kit for a quilt but this Amy Butler pattern ("Amy Butler's Belle Quilt") and selection of fabric was just jumping up and down "pick me, pick me". SO I emailed my favourite quilt shop and she hooked me up with this: These fabrics are super delicious, with names like coriander-sea green, chrysanthemum - blue, French wallpaper - duck egg, eyelashes - lime, acanthus - olive and Kashmir - olive; they are irresistibly gorgeous.


So after Christmas I will slide this project into my list (oh, that list is getting longer by the day)






And my DD (a super textile princess -my apologies to Mel) made this wonderful wreath from a felted sweater (was off white aran knit, hot washed with a purple angora turtle neck)and a decoration from her DMIL.





Not to be outdone in holiday crafting, the Bag Ladies sugar coated their way into town at our annual Ginger Bread Party. I bake the houses, they bring the candies and we all have a great time watching our roofs slide off and the walls cave in. In the end, it still manages to look beautiful.


So we have been busy, happy and somehow trying to deny the fact that Christmas will be here in 19 days and there is so much to do.

Comments