Me-Me, 7 things about me

So Paula thinks I should play. The rules of the me-me are:

1. When tagged, place the name of the person and URL on your blog

2. Post the rules on your blog

3. Write 7 things about yourself

4. Name 7 of your favorite weblogs

5. Send an e-mail letting those bloggers know they have been tagged


So here goes:

1- The first quilt I ever made was a crib quilt for my pregnant SIL in 1979, a Holly Hobby panel, she had a boy. I am sad that I do not have access to seeing it any longer. I did however carry on making crib quilts until my sister was married and then I made a QS whole cloth- a hand quilted, all white quilt. It took me a year and a half.

2- My DH is my very best cheerleader. I can not imagine that any man could make a woman feel more loved than he does for me. We have been together as a couple since 1973, and I was 15 then. We are married over 30 years.

3- I love Tom Jones. That's right, the Welshman. He has such a wide variety of romantic music - a far greater discography than "What's New Pussy Cat" and "Delilah". One of my favourite songs is "With These Hands" and he goes from that to "Sex Bomb". He sings whatever he wants to sing and I love it. (shhh, a secret: I learned to kiss while listening to his music way back when......)

4- I was born in Manhatten (NYC), grew up in Coney Island (NYC), lived in Oakland NJ, Vancouver BC, Waterloo ON and lots of years here in London ON.

5- I am still lucky enough to still be in touch with my 2 very best friends from when I was a little girl whose passion was Barbie Dolls. Bianca (from about age 4) and Paula (from about age 5). We are all somewhere about 50 now.

6- I was very blessed to be able spend a lot of time with my grandparents while I was growing up. I dearly love my Oma, Opa, Grammy and Grampa. I have so many treasured memories and lessons learned. It was my Opa that taught me how to thread a needle and knot it in one hand when I was about 6 or 7.

7 - You still want to know more.... I cannot stand rooms painted white. I painted my living room "Heritage Gold" (which is a burnished antique gold suede faux finish ) and our brick fireplace a "Cerulean Blue". I really love the look. The hallways in our home are "Bird of Paradise" orange with "cayenne pepper" red trim. DH has also woken up one morning to find the living room painted pink. I love living in colour.

For favourite weblogs to visit: I will tag Kathy, Deb R, Comicbooklady, Aileen, Yvonne, Kay ,
Nancy Rose . I hope I followed the rules.

Comments

  1. Thanks for playing Linda. Like you, I hate white walls. I will never have white walls in my house again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!