Canada Post

I have been trying to track a parcel I shipped to the UK on May 1.
The website shows that it was accepted on May 1 at Canada Post and that it was sent international mail on May 8 (now why would it sit for a week?? Inquiring minds want to know)

Well , this parcel has never shown up so 7 weeks later I send a service inquiry to which I receive the following response:


Thank you for your message to Canada Post.

Airmail to International destinations is not a traceable service. If you
purchase insurance for the contents, you will be provided with a receipt
that contains a registration number; that number will not be scanned at
any point during the transportation of the item. And if the item has not
arrived at destination, you can make a claim for indemnity 60 days after
the date of mailing
++++++++

Now I contact them back and verify that I do indeed have a tracking registration # for this item and all they say is that after 60 days I can make a claim.

Very helpful----

So I stop at my regular Post Office and ask the clerk what might be happening. I am mailing my replacement of the same parcel.
She asks me "which way" I would like it sent so I replied -" the way in which it will actually arrive".

After I explain the situation with the first parcel she tells me then that perhaps it was sent on a boat by mistake, even though I paid for airmail.
She thinks the airmail stickers must have fallen off so someone routed it on by sea.
I could not decide whether to laugh or rant so I just walked away shaking my head.....
So dear QP friend, you may one day receive 2 parcels from me but hopefully you will receive at least 1. Today I sent it just regular mail...
Linda
For more of my living, quilting and life..., click on my blog

http://sewnut-barda.blogspot.com/


My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate.

Comments

  1. Usually air to the UK is pretty good, do not send surface to australia or japan, or indonesia, etc the post office says it will take 4-6 weeks and most of the time it takes 8-10! I've got a claim in at Canada post for $200 statue, that I mailed to Israel surface mail in March which still has not reached its destination.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!