sometimes you have to pay attention


I was sewing away, very happily being creative. Actually I was in the stitching groove, some thread play, some hand dyed cottons, visions of palm trees and tropical beaches, things were going really good.

Then Lyla tells me there is some thread wrapped around my sewing machine.

I stop. I look. Oh, what a large ring of thread neatly wrapped around the hand wheel.
I feel a bit badly that so much of my beautiful green cotton thread is wasted, even if it is so neatly rolled up. It is not going on the sewing machine again.

The thought occurs to me that I should see if there is any more thread wound a bit tighter inside the hand wheel.
This is not a pretty thought. It is not a pretty picture.
It took me 2 hours to painstakingly extract this mass of threads (green, blue, lighter green, black, more blue, a bit of white and a bit more green) from being tightly wedged inside the hand wheel.

The hand wheel did not want to come off easily and since I have no budget for extreme sewing machine makeovers I had to rely on patience and this array of tools to pry, cut, pull and otherwise untangle a rats nest through the eye of a needle. At least it felt like that is what I was doing,

So much for being in the groove. I had to finish the post cards another day.

Lesson learned, regardless of there being 2 thread holders on the back of the sewing machine; only have one spool of thread up there at one time.


The other 2 postcards (...following footsteps on a tropical beach)


In case you missed dessert tonight, have some of mine....
Red Velvet mini cupcake, Chocolate Cheese cake lollipop, Mini French Vanilla Pudding...

Comments

  1. Oh no! I am glad you were able to get it all out without having to take your machine in!

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog! I have no doubt that we will eventually be pets owners again too. There is something very special about having a four footed friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!