a great day in rainbow country

In between rain storms we headed off to buy raspberries and fresh corn. I made 12 jars of jam and a lovely raspberry pie! One of the idyllic images in my mind's eye is a freshly baked pie cooling on the kitchen window...overlooking green as far as the eye can see.





This has been a wonderful summer for rainbows. I can"t recall another time in my life when I have seen so many varieties of them. I have tried to take photos of them but sometimes the view is so fleeting. Enroute home tonight, the rainbow ahead of me was so low and spread across the horizon that all I could see was rainbow. I wished I could have safely stopped to take a picture of it.




I have seen many double rainbows and am so thrilled by the way they can magically instantly appear across the band of sky, tucked under weary clouds.



This rainbow leads to my home. You are welcome to visit.


P.S. What is it with the red moon in the middle of the night. I wish I had a tripod set up, this is the second night this summer that the moon was an intense red and then quickly slid out of sight.

Comments