the placemats are done...


I realized that I only need 7 gifts. What'cha think? The hardest thing was to cut into yardage to make the backings. I dug through my strip scraps, my calico scraps to build out the blocks. These ended up to be 13" x 20 1/2" rectangles. Lots of room for a plate, our wine, great bread and dessert!

I am so looking forward to this weekend. Our group of "sisters" has been getting together for fun a few times a year since 1984. The wonderful sunset over Lake Huron, the wood stove, the damp, the warmth, the laughs, the stories, the quiet, the tears, the shopping, the food, the wine, the hugs and the absolutely overflowing treasure chest of memories we have been creating together. The weather outside never matters, we did not even know the road washed out one year, once I followed a snow plow down an empty road most of the way there - when I arrived I found out that the roads had been closed. We have shared May, November, February - whenever we can make our schedules match. We are so very lucky that our friend shares her cottage home so generously.

Comments

  1. Lovely placemats! Have a great time with friends this weekend...a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! these turned out fabulous, great job.
    Enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Have a nice time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous placemats. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!