Cute Doggy Quilts

It has been so long since I posted that Blogger would not even let me in. I had to reset my password but here I am, blogging again.

Pepper's 3 layers


Chloe's
 The living and stuff has been too busy over the last 6 months so I will not even attempt to write about it. There has been some quilting however... quilts for the lovely dogs in my life. The prints have been collected over the last few years. The basic pattern is made from the blocks in "Turning Twenty". I made 16 of these blocks and arranged them into 4 quilts. 3 of the quilts are comprised of 2 layers of batting, and Pepper's is like that with an additional layer of batting between the top and bottom...because that is what he asked for.

Django's

Shiraz's
















I quilted each pieced top with a layer of  batting and then each bottom with a layer of batting.  Afterwards I assembled them (inside out) for "birthing". The outside edge of each quilt was topstitched for greater stability. Pepper's quilt was machine tacked as well so that the 3 layers would not bunch up or move around inside the quilt.

Comments

  1. Welcome back. You were missed

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is puppy love!

    Glad to see you posting again. Hope all is going well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about adding a second layer of batting and birthing a quilt. Puppy Rocky chews the binding of his quilts. I wonder if they'd have a better chance at survival with this method? I'll try it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed you all!
    ...Too much work, too little play....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!