Friday, 16 June 2017

The Mickey Mouse quilt is happening!

Fabric is cut, blocks are stitched and on the design wall. I ended up creating a different pattern than I thought I would - two reasons:

  • The overall image was boring so I did some more playing in EQ6. I have spent over 20 hours working on the design of this Mickey Mouse Quilt


  • I needed to match my fabric cutting to the various amounts of each print that I had



I played a bit with the the order of the diagonal  squares (blue, plaid, and red). Now I am sewing the rows together... should be pretty quick ... hopefully I will get the top done this weekend. I have some great Mickey Mouse fabric and a few panels to make the back, and perhaps a couple of pillow cases... we shall see.
Once this is assembled it will be the first piece to be quilted on the HQ Simply Sixteen that I bought last summer. ( I have still been quilting on my Brother 1500S)..
Watch this space... I should have an update next week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!