2007

2007 is just aboout 80 hours away and like many people I make resolutions for the New Year. My success rate in the past has been fairly satisfactory to me except for the years I tried to do it differently. One year I resolved to break it down into new month resolutions and look at it every month with a fresh resolution. I lost the plot before June.

And so for the year ahead my resolutions will include quilting for more personal fun. Using more of the fabrics that make me smile to inspire my work rather than not using them because they are special. Now is the time.

Finishing, of course, some UFO's to be completed. They will be. In between the fun stuff.

Personal motto for the new year.... Well in 2006 it was to "maximize the benefits and pleasures in all I do" and yes, I maximized; so for 2007 it will be...'what can I do, best, with what I have?'.

So the first project to find its way to my sewing table will be a mystery project that I am designing as a stash reducer. Choose a single theme or focus fabric for the main attraction and use up some of the lots we have stashed in bags, boxes or bins. This is one where the finished project will look very different from person to person since the blocks can be assembled in multiple options of layouts. The other project will be that fun looking Amy Butler kit I recently purchased and to round out the starting line up for the New Year will be some UFO's (finsh quilting the Vintage Garden that has been on a lay away, assembling/quilting the Bag Ladies Sampler and quilting the special Mazey Daze quilt designed by Dorothy Young.)

I will be sure to throw in lots of smaller projects just for the fun of it.

Comments

  1. I like the sound of your scrap quilt. Will you share directions after you've done the mystery?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!