He did not want any embellishments though, no beads, no tassles, no frou frou stuff. The local store did not have any of the companion prints in the same colour-ways. The fabric however was telling me that it was too lonely to simply become a pillow cover. So I put it away to allow it to age a bit. Most fabrics are so much easier to cut once they have been well-aged, under ideal conditions of course.
Then I decided I should quilt it, roughly following the outline of the beautiful flowers. I had some great Valdani thread that was a barely noticeable variagation from a pretty blue to a grey. I found a piece of batting, some muslin and off we went to the quilting zone.
I added a binding to the edges, using the same fabric. Then folded the piece so that the pillow could slip in and out of the overlapping back pieces. I stitched it around all 4 sides then turned it right side out and we ended up with:
I think that they look great! They are part of DS's Birthday present.
I am still watching for that special day when I can pick a name for a giveaway of a quilted wall hanging. We ae getting close. I am certain it will be close to Valentine's Day.
And the winner will get to make the choice between a traditonal style quilted wall hanging and an artsy, contemporary wall hanging. It will be made especially for you! Please leave your comment. I will draw a winner from the comment names on the day closest to the magic number.