Our Guild Challenge... RED & WHITE BED QUILTS - "CURVY"

The Oxford Quilt Guild   wants to celebrate Canada's Sesquicentenial 2017 by hanging rows of RED & WHITE bed quilts at our Quilt show in May.

The challenge is to only use reds and/or whites in a full size quilt... any pattern. Possibilities are endless.. right.. so how to decide what to do...
My first inclination is to collect reds... (I probably don't have enough in my stash - really!) and then to use just ONE white - Kona Ultra White.. and now.. what to do with this...

When I buy magazines I will place a sticky note on any pattern I would like to eventually make... so I dug out an older issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting May/June 2013 to find this pattern "Curvy"


I will use the multiple reds in place of all these colours and the pure white to unify them. 
****************

In process: I did need more reds... so I bought them. So many reds look orange when they are laying together so I have to pull them out of the mix. 

Then cutting... strips... more strips... then sewing the strips..then cutting the curves.. and then sewing the curves....  I have a pile already stitched up, but still many more to do and then... use my new "Simple Curves" Ruler. The Curved Ruler that I already owned was far to tight of a curve. 

Before I move on in this project I have a couple other to complete this weekend... 8 PURPLE ties for the groom and groomsmen in a wedding party. 

Comments